Karrinyup Physiotherapy offers a range of Pilates based strengthening and exercise rehabilitation programs that are suitable for men, women and children of all fitness levels.
Our Pilates and Rehabilitation studio is equipped with Pilates reformers, trap table, wunda chair, ladder barrel, foam rollers, fitballs, free weights, stretch bands, chi balls, stationary bike, treadmill, cable machine and much more!!
At Karrinyup Physiotherapy we currently offer the following group exercise and rehabilitation programs;
- Clinical Pilates
- Functional Rehabilitation
- Pregnancy & Postnatal Exercise Class
- Strong Bones Pilates
Prior to commencing any of our programs, ALL participants are required to have an initial assessment (one hour) with one of our experienced Physiotherapists.
The initial assessment includes;
- a full musculoskeletal/postural assessment
- a real-time ultrasound assessment of ‘core’ muscles
- patient and physiotherapy orientated goals are discussed
- development of your individualised exercise program
- teaching of specific Pilates exercises and safety on the Pilates equipment
- discussion regarding which of the various programs we offer are most suitable for you
Following your initial assessment, your physiotherapist may recommend a few program development sessions (30minutes, one on one with your Physiotherapist) to ensure you are familiar and safe with your individualised Pilates program before joining a group Pilates session.
Experienced physiotherapists supervise EVERY class at Karrinyup Physiotherapy Centre.
Programs are reviewed and modified on a regular basis to ensure patients are achieving their individual goals of their program.